#300 Count your blessings.
Today was largely uneventful, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t wonderful. Ben and I were talking earlier about something we think about a lot. God has given us so, so, SO many blessings, especially for a young couple, and we can’t help but wonder why. I am endlessly thankful, and I’m sure to let Him know that in my prayers every day. I don’t know how that can possibly be enough for all He gives us, though. I will make this list of today’s blessings so I never forget how sweet life is:
1. We have real, honest-to-goodness love. No—Love. With a capital ‘L’. Our families gave it to us, and we found each other. That’s crazy, isn’t it?
2. A church that’s like another family. Our spiritual life, our social life, our life. Period.
3. Our jobs are fulfilling, but they’re more than jobs. They are a huge, happy part of our life together. I worked for 4 hours this morning in my pajamas—happiness.
4. Financial stability—we’re especially thankful for this at our age.
5. A comfortable bed.
6. It was 78 degrees in the sunshine today.
7. Mama’s vegetable beef stew and sour cream cornbread.
8. My grandmother’s hugs.
9. My 1971 VW.
10. Ben’s Tahoe. The seller was WAY too kind to give us such a great deal.
11. Friends and family who live right next door and across the street.
12. I have 4 pumpkins on the stairs, 2 orange, 1 white and 1 green. They make me smile when I walk in the door.
13. A bike ride on a blustery fall day.
Make your own list and see what I mean.