#1,634 So Many Things.
by Erin Napier
I’m exhausted today, dear reader.
There were so many things today.
1. I suspect there might be a few new people in the Make Something Good Today neighborhood because of the really lovely people at Southern Weddings, the sister magazine of Southern Living, who posted an interview I did on marriage and home style this morning. If that’s how you found me, I’m glad you’re here. It’s boring here most days, but alas. I keep on truckin’ every single day.
The post would lead you to believe everything is beautiful around here all the time. Well, my backyard is awful. We’re building stuff and tearing stuff down. Reality check:
2. We launched the watercolor house portrait stationery line today. It’s called ‘At Home,’ and you can order some notecards of your own house right here.
3. There were some sad things today, unfortunately. We lost a beloved church member and youth grandfather this week and attended the
funeral celebration of his life this afternoon. It’s so hard to feel that with your heart so soon, but that’s the truth. Dr. Wright is seeing Jesus in person right now, and Mr. Gary at church paid tribute by wearing Dr. Wright’s team colors—even though he’s an LSU man.
4. I got to see my friend Rachel off as she left Laurel for good today. She’s graduated from medical school, they’ve packed the moving truck and have bought a house in Michigan where she’s starting her residency soon. I hate saying goodbye, but I’m so glad I know she and Scott. This is a great friend, y’all.
5. It’s Blues Bash! Ben’s parents are in town staying the night with us, so we kept the party small and just had Jim and Mal over to grill with us.
SHARE THIS POST:
This season's coziest flannels are here.Shop Now!
I’m Erin Napier, co-owner of Laurel Mercantile Co. and Scotsman Co. with my husband, Ben. I’m an artist and he’s a craftsman and we help people moving to our town find and restore old houses on HGTV’s Home Town. In an effort to count my blessings, this journal has documented only the good things that happen on each and every day of my life since January 1, 2010. I am a wife, a daughter, a homebody, a bubble bath lover, a book reader, a sentimental, stressed out, slightly obsessive southerner. Welcome!