It’s the most wonderful time of the year — it’s time for Loblolly Festival! Here are some tips to help you enjoy the festival, whether you’re a first-timer or a seasoned veteran. Loblolly Festival is one of Laurel’s biggest events with over 12,000 people attending annually, so lace up your walking shoes, it’s festival time!
Beat the Crowds:
The festival officially starts at 9am, so if you want to get first pick of the merchandise or avoid the crowds, come early.
Get a T-Shirt While You Can:
Stop by the Laurel Main Street trailer and purchase a Loblolly Festival t-shirt. Make this one of your first stops because these shirts will go fast!
Wear Your Walking Shoes:
Loblolly Festival covers almost all of the central business district of downtown Laurel and includes countless vendors, crafters, performers, and activities. You’re bound to see a lot of people you know and some you forgot you knew!
Check the map and schedule:
When you arrive be sure to pick up a map. If you’re a strategic shopper, this will definitely make it easier for you to find any specific vendors you came to see.
Some vendors accept credit cards, but not all do. There is an ATM located downtown at the Laurel Welcome Center inside the First National Bank building.
Be sure to check out the brick and mortar merchants too:
Most downtown retail stores and restaurants are open during the festival and many offer sales, specials, and live entertainment.
Check the weather:
Loblolly Festival is a rain or shine event so check the weather and dress accordingly. The Laurel YWCO will be open and available to the community from 10am – 2pm during the Loblolly Festival. Come in to cool off and enjoy your lunch in the tea room!
Enjoy live music:
Enjoy live music on two stages all day long. Bring a chair, and enjoy the sights and sounds of Loblolly Festival as long as you’d like.
The Loblolly Stage (Front Street)
9:00am-10:15am Free N’ Easy
10:45am-12:00 noon Jones & Pine
12:30pm-2:00pm Ryan Cooper
2:30pm-4:00pm Cary Hudson & The Piney Woods Players
The Knight Butcher Stage (Central Avenue)
11:00am-2:00pm Free N’ Easy
- Furry friends are allowed to attend the festival, but be mindful of city leash laws and please pick up after your pets.
- Loblolly Festival is free!
- Keep the City ‘Beautiful’! Make sure to discard pet waste, food, and garbage in trash receptacles.
- When you’re sippin’ and strolling, make sure to follow the city’s open container laws, and stay in the leisure district.
- Ample parking is available in outer lots. Don’t be afraid to get your steps in!
- Grab a Loblolly Guide from the Laurel Main Street tent by Trustmark Art Park for a map and more information on the event.