A delicious recipe resurrected from Erin Napier's Make Something Good Today blog in 2012. Enjoy!
"As if you couldn’t tell from my past blogs, I do so love making pies. It is without a doubt the most classic American dessert and there’s just something about making one that is so much more fun than, say, a cake or a cobbler." — Erin Napier
Caramel Pecan Pie
Ingredients(makes two pies):
- 4 tbl. real BUTTER (margarine won’t cut it)
- 1 c. sugar
- 4 tbl. flour
- 5 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup Blackburn’s Syrup
- 1 cup caramel topping (from a jar)
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 deep dish Pilsbury pie shells
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar in an electric mixer.
3. Add beaten eggs, syrup, caramel, flour, vanilla, and salt and mix well.
4. Stir in pecans.
5. Pour in pie shells, bake for 1 hour at 300 degrees.
6. Bump up temperature to 325, bake for 45 minutes (or until center does not jiggle).
7. Remove from oven, let cool, enjoy!
This will render two pies. One for now and one for later!
Discover more recipes & stories from your favorite people on Home Town and around Laurel. The Caramel Pecan Pie recipe is just a taste of the southern, delicious secrets. Discover the south's best recipes here!
P. S. — This Dominion Pie Baker is to die for.