Makers and doers are the makeup of the City Beautiful. It's one of the reasons why Laurel is so special. The city is bursting with creativity, people that have crafts that are hard to replicate. Our murals are proof of that. All of that creativity is pretty contagious, which is a remarkable thing. In a way, it pushes us to find our own thing and be the very best at that thing. Entrepreneurs built Laurel with passion, and that same passion draws talent like Will Sellers and River Prince, sign painters who are the best in the business. They're both working to uphold a lost but not forgotten craft, and it's people like them that will keep our small town strong.
One of the first movements towards revitalization for the city of Laurel happened with our Mural Project, organized by Laurel Main Street. Their goal was to promote attraction to the city by displaying the crafts of our entrepreneurs. We're highlighting some of our favorites here, so the next time you're in Laurel, be sure to check out these perfect photo spots!
1. Visit Laurel | Mural Painted by: Will Sellers, Designed by : Erin Napier | Located on the corner of Oak and Front Street on the side of the Hand+made building.
2. Welcome to Historic Downtown Laurel | Mural Painted by: Will Sellers, Designed by: Erin Napier | Located on Central Avenue at the entrance of downtown.
3. Be Kind | Mural Artists: Will Sellers & River Prince | Located on North Sixth Avenue on the Central Creativity Building.
4. Laurel Looks Good on You | Mural Artist: River Prince | Located on North Sixth Avenue on the Bass Line Music building.
5. Laurel Postcard | Mural Artist: River Prince | Located on Central Avenue in Leontyne Price Musical Park
6. Laurel Mercantile Co. | Mural Painted by: Will Sellers, Designed by: Erin Napier | Located on Front Street on the side of the Laurel Mercantile Co. building.
7. I Believe in Laurel | Located in Maker's Alley behind Guild & Gentry.