Laurel Mercantile Co. Family Recipes & Stories is filled with recipes from your favorite people on Home Town and around Laurel. The Mississippi Comeback Sauce recipe is just a taste of what's offered in this cookbook. Discover the south's best recipes here!
There's an old saying that if it's smothered, you're covered. Nothing rings more true when you taste Mississippi Comeback sauce. It's an answered prayer if you're looking for a sauce that will keep your guests happy and coming back for more. The best news is that it tastes good on practically anything, but we recommend pairing it with Emily's BBQ shrimp.
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 large onion, cut in quarters
- 1 c. Blue Plate mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. chili sauce
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 1/2 c. French's yellow mustard
- 1/8 t. Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 c. peanut, canola or olive oil
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbs. each white wine vinegar and fresh squeezed lemon juice with zest
- 1 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 t. of smoked paprika
- 2 Tbs cold bottled water
Put all of this in a blender and puree. Some might even pour the sauce into an empty ketchup bottle or in a mayonnaise jar for pouring. Keeps for 2 weeks refrigerated.